Pages

Tuesday, 9 August 2005

HOWTO: iSync and Address Book for the Sony Ericsson K608i

Now that I have my phone set up for Bluetooth, I hacked my Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.2 to support the phone (using the well-published techniques from macosxhints.com).

If you have a Bluetooth-enabled Tiger Mac and a Sony Ericsson K608i, download the files from my website and follow the instructions below:

  1. To add support to iSync, make a new folder called PhonePlugins in your /Library folder.

  2. Put SonyEricssonK608i.phoneplugin.zip in this new folder.

  3. Double-click the .zip file to extract its contents into the folder. You can now delete the .zip file.

  4. To add support to Address Book, choose Go to Folder... from Finder's Go menu.

  5. Enter /Applications/Address Book.app/Contents/Resources/Telephony.bundle/Contents/Resources and click Go.

  6. Either open ABDeviceCommandSets.plist in Property List Editor and find K700 (in my version this is at Root/2/ABDeviceModelStrings/0), click it, click New Sibling and type K608. Save and close the file.

  7. Or download the ABDeviceCommandSets.plist.zip file, and extract it into that folder.

  8. Re-pair your phone from the Bluetooth menu extra. You should get the option to use iSync and Address Book.



Let me know if you use the files I provide, I hope they're useful.