Pages

Saturday 21 July 2007

New Plus Music Fixer is nigh...

I'm so close to having a fresh exciting new version of Plus Music Fixer, some last minute tweaks held me back from uploading it before I had to go out. But it's looking good for being right here by Monday.

Should answer almost everything I've heard about, including copying metadata into the Nokia-friendly format so artists show up in Music player and the Gallery.

Note for those of you who have been requesting transferring the album name over, I've read over the specs of 3GP/MPEG-4 and for the version currently implemented on the phones, sorry no joy (tested on my E61). Those of you with phones in the N95 class might be able to read the album tag, seeing that they have a much newer software, but you'll have to try the new Plus Music Fixer and let me know. The same goes for album art (though at this stage Plus Music Fixer won't attempt to copy that).

Watch this space...

3 comments:

  1. So i guess that all the stuff in this new version is only targeted to "older" phones, since i am able to view album art and all other informations about the plus files.

    But maybe, if it's not a deep deep problem with the player - the metadata can be "adjusted" to show international character correctly?
    In a new version of Plus Music Fixer.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anders, that's the sort of feedback I'm looking for.

    If I remember correctly, you're using an N95 - now that runs Symbian 9.1 and has extra media support like H.264. Whereas my E61 runs 9.0 and doesn't support any album art or iTunes metadata (the title is literally the filename).

    In which case you would be right - the new version is targeted at older phones, however it does also give more feedback and is coded better so I'd still suggest upgrading.

    Given that the phone is already reading the iTunes metadata (which is natively international -- iTunes displays it correctly) I don't think there's much I can do about how it displays them.

    However you might get some use out of my next project (from which the Plus Music Fixer code comes), codenamed pyPod...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to pyPod - I have an idea of what the codename covers... ;-)

    ReplyDelete